This is the recipe as I originally found it in a magazine (Food Network I believe). But, after trying this one, I was very disappointed & didn't think they tasted like the "real deal" and also didnt' like that it used a mix (Bisquick) instead of homemade biscuit dough, so I made my own recipe (see the 2nd section). If you're into something quick with not TOO much garlic flavor, then go ahead & try this one. If you're like me & want the CLOSEST to the real thing without dropping $50+ on dinner out, then read on! :)
FOOD NETWORK RECIPE:
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Mix biscuit mix, milk, and cheddar cheese until soft dough forms
3. Then beat vigorously for 30 seconds
4. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown
6. Mix melted butter, garlic powder, and dried parsley
7. Brush generously over warm biscuits before removing from cookie sheet
8. Serve warm
Makes 10-12 biscuits
GINNY'S UPDATED VERSION:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees (I use a lower temp for a little longer so the bottoms won't get too dark).
2. Combine flour, baking powder, garlic powder & salt in a bowl.
3. Cut in shortening (I use a fork to work it into the dry ingredients - but if you have a pastry cutter that would be ideal for this) until it looks like big crumbs.
4. Mix in grated cheese
5. Add buttermilk a little at a time until just combined (don't make them too moist or leave them too dry). The key here is to NOT overmix the dough or you'll have tough biscuits instead of light & fluffy ones!
6. Drop in big spoonfuls onto a greased or lined baking sheet (don't try putting them straight onto even a really great non-stick surface - these have CHEESE in them. Enough said, right?).
7. Bake for 12-13 minutes or until golden brown (don't let the bottms get too dark - keep an eye on them after the 10 min mark).
8. While they are baking, mix the ingredients for the buttery topping!
9. IMMEDIATELY after they come out of the oven, brush on the topping (make sure it's well mixed so you don't get too much garlic on 1 biscuit & none on another).
10. Serve warm & enjoy!
This makes about a dozen depending on the size of your scoop! :)
Please click on the banner below & vote for my blog! 1 click = 1 vote! You can vote once per day! Thank you!