Savory Garlic & Herb Cheese Stuffed Chicken
*** Pictured with Ree Drummond's Pioneer Woman's Twice Baked Potatoes, Green Beans & my almost-as-INfamous Hollandaise Sauce ***
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- salt & pepper
- 2 Tbsp basil
- 2 Tbsp oregano
- 4 Split chicken breasts (cut off the bone) OR 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Toothpicks (yes, toothpicks. you will thank me later!)
- Breadcrumbs (I use plain, but you can also use Italian style)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- "Filet" chicken breasts in half so you'll have a total of 8 pieces.
- Mix cream cheese, garlic & spices together in a bowl until WELL combined.
- Lay chicken pieces flat & spread 1/8 of the "filling" over each piece.
- Roll up each piece from the narrow end to the wide end & hold in place with toothpicks.
- Put out 3 bowls & fill 1 each of flour, egg & breadcrumbs.
- Bread each piece of "stuffed" chicken in the flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs & place on ungreased cookie sheet / baking pan.
- Bake for about 45 minutes (internal temp should reach 180 degrees).
Please click on the banner below & vote for my blog! 1 click = 1 vote! You can vote once per day! Thank you!