1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Blend flour & chopped nuts together well.
3. In a sauce pan, bring corn syrup, shortening and sugar to a boil over medium heat (stir constantly).
4. Remove from heat once it reaches a boil.
5. Stir in flour/nut mixture gradually.
6. Drop batter in TEASPOON-fuls on a LIGHTLY greased baking sheet (no more than 8 cookies on a sheet - these SPREAD out a LOT so the fewer the better so they won't touch).
7. Bake 5 minutes.
8. Let cool ON cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing to cooling rack.
NOTE: You may need to wipe the cookie sheet with a papertowel in between batches so the bottoms don't get too greasy.
This recipe will make about 4 dozen cookies or so (as long as you only use a tsp at a time for each one).
The batter will become stiffer in the saucepan for the later batches & that's perfectly fine - the cookies will still bake up just fine!
Please take a moment to click on the banner below to vote for my blog! 1 click = 1 vote & you can vote once per day! Thank you!