1. Add brown sugar to melted butter and pour over rolled oats in a plastic or glass bowl.
2. Let stand at room temperature overnight (or at least a couple hours to let the oats absorb the butter).
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
4. Mix remaining ingredients into oats (you may have to warm the oat/butter/sugar mixture for a few seconds in the microwave to make mixing easier).
5. Drop teaspoonfuls at least 2 inches apart on a HEAVILY greased baking sheet.
6. Bake 5 to 7 minutes (start with 5 and go up from there if needed).
7. Let cool for several minutes on the sheet to "firm up" before removing to cooling rack.
These cookies stay nice & chewy in the middle & aren't as cruncy as the French Lace Cookies I posted previously.
There is a slight butterscotch flavor but it's not too overwhelming.
GO BACK TO FULL LIST OF "31 DAY OF COOKIES!"
Please take a moment to click on the banner below to vote for my blog! 1 click = 1 vote & you can vote once per day! Thank you!