NOTE: These are similar to shortbread cookies but have NO egg in them (great for folks with egg allergies)!
1. Mix sugar & flour in mixing bowl (I use the dough hook for this recipe).
2. Melt butter in sauce pan over medium-low heat.
3. While mixer is on, drizzle in melted butter.
4. Keep mixing until combined (will appear crumbly - that's OK!).
5. Shape into logs on wax paper & wrap.
6. Chill for at least 30 minutes just so the logs of dough firm up enough to cut.
7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
8. Slice into 1/4 inch slices & place on cookie sheet. NOTE: these do not spread out so you can load up the sheet almost edge to edge with these cookies (I added more to the sheet after taking the photo below).
9. Bake approximately 15 minutes or until bottom & edges are golden brown (if you cook them longer, they will be crispier).
10. Remove to cooling rack.
GO BACK TO FULL LIST OF "31 DAY OF COOKIES!"
Please take a moment to click on the banner below to vote for my blog! 1 click = 1 vote & you can vote once per day! Thank you!