1. Mix powdered sugar, butter, vanilla & egg in large bowl.
2. Add rest of ingredients (except food coloring & granulated sugar).
3. Divide dough in half (leaving half plain in a separate bowl).
4. Add food coloring to 2nd half of dough until desired color is reached.
6. On top of plain dough rectangle (above top wax paper piece) roll colored dough into matching 9" x 15" rectangle.
7. Gently remove wax paper from top of colored dough AND between colored dough & plain dough (each piece of dough will remain on 1 sheet of wax paper). The easiest way to do this is remove it from the TOP of the plain dough (under the colored dough).
8. Lay colored dough carefully over plain dough (so both doughs are between the wax paper).
9. Roll one final time to get dough "together".
10. Remove top wax paper piece and begin rolling dough up onto itself on the LONG side.
11. Once "log" of dough is rolled, cut in half.
12. Place granulated sugar on a baking sheet & roll each half of the log in the sugar.
13. Wrap dough in wax paper & refrigerate 2 hours before baking.
14. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
15. Slice 1/4 inch pieces of the logs & place on a greased baking sheet.
16. Bake 7 to 8 minutes & remove from sheet to cooling rack.
Makes approximately 3 dozen cookies.
GO BACK TO FULL LIST OF "31 DAY OF COOKIES!"
Please take a moment to click on the banner below to vote for my blog! 1 click = 1 vote & you can vote once per day! Thank you!