1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
3. Cream buter and sugar together until fluffy & pal yellow in color.
4. Beat in 1 egg at a time until each is incorporated.
5. Add sour cream and milk and blend well.
6. Add food coloing until color is consistent throughout. If you use less than a full ounce of coloring, your cupcakes will look PINK instead of red.
7. Add vanilla and blend everything together really well.
8. Line cupcake pans with liners.
9. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 of the way (any more and they'll overflow the wrappers). 1
0. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
11. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing to cooling rack.
12. Allow to cool completely before frosting them.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
1. Cream together cream cheese and butter until well blended
2. Add vanilla.
3. Add confectioner's sugar 1/2 cup at a time until VERY well mixed (if you add too much at once, you'll end up with a giant sugar dust cloud).
4. Frost cooled cupcakes with a large star tip.
Please take a moment to click on the banners below to vote for my blog! 1 click = 1 vote & you can vote once per day on each banner! Thank you!