Did you know that 1 can of black beans contains only 1/2 gram of fat while providing you with 6 grams of dietary fiber and 7 grams of protein??? Beans are pretty awesome!
BUT, how do you get your family to actually EAT them? My trick is hiding it in YUMMY things!
Our family LOVES these and I love that I get them to eat a little healthier without them even realizing it!
2 15 oz. cans Black Beans, drained and rinsed
6 Large Eggs
1 stick of UNSALTED Butter, melted
1 1/2 Cups of Granulated Sugar
1 tsp Salt
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 Cup of Cocoa Powder
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 cup of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease an 9x13 baking dish (I use pam spray and it usually slides right out after it cools).
3. Place beans in food processor or blender with eggs and blend until smooth.
4. Add all other ingredients to your mixer bowl.
5. Add bean/egg mix to bowl and blend well.
6. Add half the chocolate chips into the batter.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish (get it as even as you can - it's not exactly "easy" to spread).
8. Top with the rest of the chocolate chips.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
10. Let cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting into pieces and devouring.
11. Repeat all of the above because there will be NO leftovers ;)
These taste very very rich. There is no need to utilize milk chocolate chips to these as I believe that puts them way over the top. Next time we plan to try it with peanut butter chips though (for at least half of the chips) and I'll let you know how it turns out!
Hey - I never said these were HEALTHY - I said they were healthIER... LOL
Please take a moment to click on the banners below to vote for my blog! 1 click = 1 vote & you can vote once per day on each banner! Thank you!