Did you get the reference? It's one of the teenager's favorite movies so I've seen it a time or 10...
There IS a bit of truth in it for our family - Wednesday nights are dance class for the preschooler! She's still new to dance, but loves taking Ballet and Tap with Ms. Claire.
So Wednesday nights are hectic (that's putting it quite MILDLY)...the last bus drops off at 4 and we have to be out the door to ballet by 5:15!!! That includes getting changed for class and hair up in a bun before we run out the door too!!!
It's the PERFECT night to have a crock pot meal! The easier, the better on a weeknight (or ANY night) - am I right?
Of course, that means REMEMBERING to throw the food in the crock pot in the morning right? Well, with this recipe, you can remember around LUNCH TIME and still have a delicious dinner!!! SAY WHAT?? Keep reading!
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 can (10.75 oz) cream of chicken soup (just the stuff in the can - don't add milk or water or anything else with it)
- 1 8oz can sliced mushrooms, drained (you can also sub fresh sliced mushrooms)
- 2/3 cup white wine (I mainly use my favorite Moscato)
- 1 cup sour cream (added during last 30 minutes)
(Not Pictured: Sour Cream - But don't forget it!!!)
- Add all ingredients except sour cream to crock pot and mix well.
- Put crock on LOW for 6 to 8 hours OR on HIGH 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours - remember I said you can forget til lunchtime and still have a crock pot meal?
- When there are 30 minutes left on the timer (or up to 1 hour if you're cooking it on low), add in the sour cream and mix really well.
- Start pot of water for rice (or noodles) at the same time you add the sour cream and the timing will be perfect where it's all done together!
We serve this over rice [I cheat and buy the 10 minute brown rice], but you can also serve it over egg noodles. You can sprinkle a bit of fresh parsley on top for color if you want or leave it plain - our kids don't like "the green stuff".
Of course, we don't make this EVERY week, but we always do a crock pot meal on Wednesdays and as the kids get older and involved in more activities, I see us using the crock pot even MORE.
How often do you make a crock pot meal? What is your favorite?
Please take a moment to click on the banners below to vote for my blog! 1 click = 1 vote & you can vote once per day on each banner! Thank you!